The world’s first sensor avalanche transceiver…….
The S1’s sensor-driven triple-antenna design allows for extremely fast multiple-burial searches.
The S1 displays the position and distance of the buried victims on its large illuminated display. Search mode is activated simply by opening the transceiver. Ortovox’s newly developed circle interpretation makes pin point searching faster and easier than ever before.
The S1 also features an electric compass, thermometer, and inclinometer and gives the searcher information on burial depth. There is an automatic safety switch-back to transmit mode in case of secondary avalanche.
The powerful and information packed Ortovox S1 represents the future of digital avalanche transceivers.
- Digital reception range: up to 65m
- Search strip width: up to 40m
- Power supply: 3 AAA batteries
- Battery Life: Transmitting: about 250hrs; Receiving: about 10hrs
- Weight: approx 260g inc batteries and wrist strap; carry case approx 120g
- Frequency: international standard 457 kHz
- Dimensions: 120x80x30mm(closed); 215x80x30mm(open)