Nominate Powder White Ltd for the
Guardian Travel Awards 2012
You can win a fantastic prize from money off vouchers to a FREE holiday in Europe.
If you have travelled with Powder White before you can nominate Powder White for the Guardian Travel Awards 2012 which can result in better products and lower costs as well as being in for a chance to win one of 8 prizes being given away just for nominating. Here is what you need to do:
It only takes 60 seconds to WIN …..
1) Head over to http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2012/feb/17/travel-awards-2012
2) Click the ‘Fill in the questionnaire’ link & press start
3) For the first question, (Travel Agent) choose ‘Direct with the Company’ then type Powder White Ltd in the text box then give Powder White a rating
4) For Booking Online question, enter the web address http://www.powderwhite.com then give rating
5) For Tour Operator question, again simply type Powder White Ltd in the text box, rate, then scroll down and click next for next page
6) For Ski Company question, simply type Powder White Ltd and leave a rating
7) Thats All! be sure to leave your name & address to ensure you are notified of any winnings.
Good Luck & let us know if you win!
Don’t you just hate it when you have booked a room for your ski holiday but you arrive early in the day and have to wait until check in which is usually mid day? Or you have to check out by 12pm then left lugging your baggage around all day until your transport departs? Well Powder White has found a neat solution to that problem by changing check in & check out times.
Now you can ski for longer on the day you arrive or on the day you leave. Check in times for chalets are now 9:30am meaning if you arrive early, you can throw your gear into your room and hit the slopes for a full days skiing! Even better, on your last day, you can get in a half days skiing with checkout at 5pm.
Powder White’s revised chalet check in & check out times are designed to provide the skier with greater convenience by extending the time the chalet is available to them. This extra time can be used to get some extra skiing in, take extra time arriving or leaving the property or just relax without that added pressure to leave the room when you wake up on your last day.
Book your ski holiday with Powder White and take advantage of extended check out times by booking online at http://www.powderwhite.com or calling +44(0) 20 8877 8888 and ask to speak to Dan.
(Powder White un-package the ski holiday allowing you to tailor your trip to your needs. Choose accommodation from chalets to hotels or apartments, choose self board or fully catered accommodation, help you organise your travel including transfers to resort and help you discover & book ski hire, ski passes, ski lessons, childcare, entertainment, tours & more).
How to get to your Alpine Ski Resort with Cheap Fares
Are you travelling to an Alpine ski resort this year? Are you looking for a cheaper way to travel to your destination? With the cost of flights going over £500 per person our low cost travel solutions will have you wondering why you ever considered anything else? Cheaper travel can save you £100’s leaving you more money to spend on your holiday or let you enjoy more activities with the cash you save by travelling more cheaply. One solution is to travel to your ski resort by coach!
Travel Cheaper – Take a Snow Express Coach
The Snow Express is a luxury recliner coach service from London to the Alps. This service includes many benefits over air travel where cheap prices are not the only consideration:
- Unrestricted Luggage Allowance
- Free onboard WIFI
- Power Sockets
- Sleeper Reclining Seats
We allow you to make the most of your Powder White holiday with check in from 9.30am and check out by 5pm you really can maximise your ski time with Powder White.
Arrive at your destination rested, relaxed and ready to ski. The Snow Express will arrive in resort on Saturday morning and depart early evening the following Saturday allowing you to enjoy two extra days of skiing and best of all prices start from just £65 each way. What more could you ask for!
Visit our Ski Resorts page to learn more about what each resort has to offer including real time weather updates.
Coming soon, a dedicated page for catered chalets http://ping.fm/BsvVN (announcement via Ping.fm)
Catered Chalets is a website dedicated to exploring what you get with Semi & Full Catered chalets as provided by Powder White via their new website dedicated to chalet catering. Our food & drink has been featured in the Culinary Guide & Foodepedia where product received a glowing review for being different and refreshing.
You can book catered chalets at http://www.powderwhite.com/chalets/ or view the new website to get in depth information about our line of catered ski chalets.
Thinking of planning a ski holiday in 2013? Now is a great time to book your ski holiday for the 2012 / 2013 season as you can not only save vast amounts of cash, but you will also get the best pick of properties and dates that are normally already taken when it comes to booking last minute.
Currently, Powder White is already offering 10% off fully catered chalets in Courchevel, Val d’isere, Verbier, Meribel & St Anton starting December 2012 through to Summer 2013. Each ski chalet is serviced by a chalet host who will provide all house keeping duties from keeping the property clean to cooking breakfast, lunch & dinner. Drinks & Wines are included or you can opt for a premium wine & beer package to make your ski holiday extra special.
It may sound a little too early to book but a number of chalets have already been booked for 2013. When asking why a customer was booking so early, they simply replied that they save more money than with last minute deals as they can book flights, transfers and ski equipment hire in advance which provides a significant cash saving not to mention that they managed to reserve the best chalet.
Did You Know? That you can browse all our chalets on our website, view real time availability and book direct? You can reserve your chalet now and you only have to pay a deposit to reserve the property. The full balance only needs to be paid a few weeks before departure and each member of your group can log in individually and pay towards the costs themselves or you can manage the whole booking yourself…. Its that easy!
Head over to powderwhite.com now and view our selection of catered chalets in some of Alpes best ski resorts.
Save on your ski chalet holiday this March
March is a great time to go on a ski holiday and now you can book cheap ski chalets with Powder White’s Mad March Sale and save considerable amounts of cash, up to £1800!
March can be a quiet time sandwiched between the February & Easter holidays so is a great time to go skiing. With less crowded slopes, short lift queues and lower prices, you can take advantage of the many benefits to get in some serious skiing or just relax in your chalet before the holiday rush.
To help you make the most of this opportunity, Powder White have reduced prices on a large selection of chalets with savings of up to £200 per person offering one of the best discounts on ski chalets available at the moment. Our cheap prices are available for groups arriving on the 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st of March fo any size groups between 6 and 14 guests.
View our March chalet deals or view our low cost chalets which are available in the following ski resorts:
One of my colleagues is going on a ski holiday and wanted to record their holiday to share with friends & family. There has been a recent rise in the number of trip planner websites that allow you to share your holiday experience and it becomes hard to distinguish which is the best to use. One of the most used features of trip planner websites is the holiday journal that allows you to add photos, a diary and mapping of the trip.
So we decided to test a few trip planner websites so we could feature the skiing holiday and see which was the best to use. So we set out to share with the world our favourite ski holiday.
1. Yahoo Trip Planner – Not a bad place to start although we found it somewhat confusing, a recurring theme we found out. However it was also a good place to connect with people and with like interests such as skiing.
2. STA Travel – to be honest we were faced with a large form to complete before we could go much further which put us off. Too many fields to fill in puts the user off. This is a round the world trip planner so good for tips that include multiple destinations.
3. TripnTale Skiing Holidays – So far we found this to be the best trip planner for its sheer simplicity. No complicated forms or hoops to jump through although we found this better as a trip diary for sharing your thoughts on your holiday. Also features a community to connect & engage with. We also setup a ski holiday profile. Winner!
4. Tripit – again many hoops to jump through but there are some very useful features such as check in reminders & more showing this is really good for planning. Furthermore the application is available as an app for iPad. What we didn’t like was the pro version which is a paid for application. Recommended
5. Vacation Planner – we could not ignore the rise of the apps and the Travel Planner App available on the Android marketplace is a good start providing more of a planning function rather than a social function like many of the websites above. We have it a quick spin and it seemed easy to use and focused more around organising our trip rather than creating a diary. Editors Pick.
Have you heard of an good travel planners or better yet, one focussed just on skiing?